Eagles' Kenneth Gainwell operates as lead back in Week 1
Kenneth Gainwell operated as the Philadelphia Eagles' lead running back by a significant margin in the team's Week 1 win over the New England Patriots.
Gainwell played well ahead of both D'Andre Swift and Boston Scott in the season opener, while the team elected to leave Rashaad Penny off their game-day roster as a healthy scratch. The team seemed poised to use a committee for much of the offseason, but Gainwell appeared to firmly establish himself as the back to target in fantasy football with his Week 1 performance.
Gainwell handled 14 carries for 54 yards and caught all 4 of his targets for 20 more yards in the season opener, while Swift and Scott combined for just 4 total touches. It was a surprisingly dominant workload for Gainwell, who set personal bests in most opportunity share metrics in the outing.
- Jacksonville's Travis Etienne (ribs) questionable in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Kansas City's Jerick McKinnon (groin) ruled out in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Taylor: Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (hamstring) will play in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Pederson: Travis Etienne (ribs) will be active for Jaguars' Week 13 matchup December 2nd, 2023
- Treylon Burks (concussion) questionable in Week 13 for Titans December 1st, 2023
- Howe: New England's Bailey Zappe will start at quarterback in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (forearm) doubtful for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Dallas Goedert (forearm) DNP again Thursday for Eagles November 30th, 2023
- Dallas Goedert (forearm) still sidelined Wednesday for Eagles November 29th, 2023
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (forearm) trying to play Week 13 November 27th, 2023
- Eagles' Lane Johnson (groin) inactive for Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Eagles' A.J. Brown (thigh) available for Week 12 November 24th, 2023