Kenneth Gainwell (ribs) likely out Thursday for Eagles
Philadelphia Eagles running back Kenneth Gainwell (ribs) is "trending toward" not playing Thursday night against the Minnesota Vikings in Week 2, reports Jeff McLane of The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Gainwell was listed as a non-participant on back-to-back practice estimates and it sounds like the Eagles plan to hold him out on a short week. D'Andre Swift, Boston Scott, and Rashaad Penny will likely share backfield work if Gainwell is unavailable Thursday night. Gainwell was the primary back in Week 1, with 18 touches for 74 yards on a 62 percent snap share.
Swift played 28 percent of the offensive snaps in Week 1 and had 2 touches while Scott saw equal volume on a 13 percent snap share. Penny was a healthy scratch for the first game of the season, so he figures to be the third fiddle in Week 2. The Vikings’ run defense ranks 11th in numberFire’s opponent-adjusted NEP model after one game, but their pass defense is 26th, so the Eagles may find more success via their passing attack.
- Jacksonville's Travis Etienne (ribs) questionable in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Kansas City's Jerick McKinnon (groin) ruled out in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Taylor: Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (hamstring) will play in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Pederson: Travis Etienne (ribs) will be active for Jaguars' Week 13 matchup December 2nd, 2023
- Treylon Burks (concussion) questionable in Week 13 for Titans December 1st, 2023
- Howe: New England's Bailey Zappe will start at quarterback in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (forearm) doubtful for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Dallas Goedert (forearm) DNP again Thursday for Eagles November 30th, 2023
- Dallas Goedert (forearm) still sidelined Wednesday for Eagles November 29th, 2023
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (forearm) trying to play Week 13 November 27th, 2023
- Eagles' Lane Johnson (groin) inactive for Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Eagles' A.J. Brown (thigh) available for Week 12 November 24th, 2023