Falcons work out, sign Dashon Goldson
The Atlanta Falcons signed strong safety Dashon Goldson to a one-year contract.
Goldson must have looked good at Saturday's workout because it took the Falcons less than 24 hours to sign him. Rookie Keanu Neal is slated to miss three or four weeks after undergoing a knee scope, so this was a savvy signing for Atlanta. Despite his All-Pro pedigree, the 31-year-old Goldson will likely begin the year backing up Kemal Ishmael at strong safety.
Goldson picked up 110 total tackles and one interception in 15 games played in 2015 with Washington.
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) not cleared to play, remains in protocol February 17th, 2020
- Vernon Hargreaves cut by Texans after six-game tenure February 14th, 2020
- Austin Hooper 'hasn't received offer yet' from Falcons December 30th, 2019
- Matt Ryan throws for 384 yards on Sunday in Falcons' win December 23rd, 2019
- Devonta Freeman has 55 yards, Falcons upset 49ers December 16th, 2019
- Atlanta's Julio Jones hauls in 13 receptions for 134 yards and 2 touchdowns in Week 15 December 15th, 2019
- Devonta Freeman (knee) returns for Falcons with limited session December 12th, 2019
- Julio Jones (shoulder) limited for Falcons on Wednesday December 11th, 2019