D.J. Hayden gets one-year deal from Lions
The Detroit Lions signed defensive back D.J. Hayden, formerly of the Oakland Raiders, to a one-year contract.
Hayden was considered by many to be the best corner in his class when the Raiders selected him with the 12th overall pick in the 2013 draft, but that proved to be a false prophecy. He struggled outside and was average at best in the slot, but turning just 27 in June, perhaps Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin will be able to get more out of Hayden.
The Lions were second-worst in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Gardner Minshew throws 3 touchdowns Sunday in Jaguars' season-finale December 30th, 2019
- Jaguars' Leonard Fournette (illness, neck) inactive for Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Leonard Fournette downgraded to doubtful for Jacksonville's season finale December 28th, 2019
- Jaguars' Dede Westbrook (neck, shoulder) questionable for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Jaguars' Leonard Fournette (neck) questionable for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Jaguars' Gardner Minshew (shoulder) questionable for Week 17 December 27th, 2019