Bengals sign Kevin Minter to middle linebacker
The Cincinnati Bengals signed inside linebacker Kevin Minter to a one-year contract.
Minter gives the Bengals an every-down starter next to weak-side linebacker Vontaze Burfict. He played inside for the Arizona Cardinals and could bump Rey Mauluga off the roster in Cincinnati. 26-year-old Minter was one of the top linebackers left in free agency.
The Bengals of 2016 ended up with the eighth-worst opponent-adjusted Defensive Rushing Net Expected Points per play in the league. Minter contributed to a Cardinals' front-seven that ranked sixth-best in this analytic.
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe, ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Ronald Jones named Buccaneers starter versus Falcons September 14th, 2021
- Ronald Jones 'struggled mentally' in Buccaneers win September 10th, 2021
- Gio Bernard (ankle) officially active for Buccaneers Week 1 September 9th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin (quad) available for Week 1 clash with Cowboys September 8th, 2021
- Chris Godwin (quad) limited for Buccaneers Tuesday September 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Giovani Bernard (ankle) "full speed" at Sunday practice September 5th, 2021