Malcolm Brown locked in as Rams' second running back
Los Angeles Rams running back Malcolm Brown is second on the team's depth chart.
Brown, a third-year undrafted free agent out of Texas, was primarily used on special teams last season, but he did play in all 16 games. Through two preseason contests, he's averaging 2.7 yards per carry on 14 attempts as the clear number-two behind Todd Gurley and ahead of undrafted rookie Justin Davis. Even if Gurley goes down with an injury this season, the Rams would likely bring in outside help to fill the void in the backfield. Lance Dunbar is out indefinitely with a knee injury.
numberFire's models project Brown to rush 32.8 times for 81.3 yards and 1.38 touchdowns this season, while adding 114.1 yards and 0.86 touchdowns on 9.6 catches. He's the RB77 overall in our fantasy rankings entering the year.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Will Fuller (personal) returns to Dolphins' facility Monday September 20th, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) considered day-to-day for Dolphins September 20th, 2021
- Update: Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa dealing with bruised ribs September 19th, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa (upper body) carted to locker room, Jacoby Brisset now under center against Buffalo September 19th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) active for Week 2 matchup against Bills September 19th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021