Patriots place Dont'a Hightower (shoulder) on injured reserve
New England Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower has been officially placed on injured reserve, according to ESPN's Field Yates.
This was but a formality as Hightower was already ruled out for the year after suffering a torn pectoral in Week 7. His season is over, but he's expected to make a full recovery ahead of the 2018 season. In the meantime, Kyle Van Noy and Elandon Roberts will continue to play his snaps on the defensive side of the ball.
In 5 starts, Hightower totaled 12 tackles and 2 sacks this season. By season's end, he will have played just 42 of 64 possible regular season games since 2014-15.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021