Giants suspend Eli Apple for regular season finale
According to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, the New York Giants have suspended cornerback Eli Apple for Week 17 against the Washington Redskins.
In an interview on ESPN Radio, teammate Landon Collins called the second-year defensive back a "cancer" for his lack of participation on the sideline during last week's loss. He has since apologized for publicly criticizing him, but the team clearly had their issues with Apple as well. In fact, he reportedly refused to practice with the scout team and got into a confrontation with a position coach. Darryl Morris and Ross Cockrell are the most likely candidates to take over his role in the defensive backfield.
Apple finishes 2017 with 44 tackles and 8 passes defensed in 11 games and 7 starts.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (shoulder) DNP on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Tee Higgins (shoulder) day-to-day for Bengals September 22nd, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow "focused on Week 1" following return to game action on Sunday August 29th, 2021
- Ja'Marr Chase having 'fantastic week' for Bengals August 26th, 2021
- Ja'Marr Chase continuing to struggle for Cincinnati August 23rd, 2021
- Bengals' Auden Tate could take snaps from Ja'Marr Chase August 23rd, 2021