Flyers' Michael Del Zotto nets two goals, including overtime winner
Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Michael Del Zotto scored two big markers, including the overtime winner, to help the Flyers down the Minnesota Wild, 4-3, in a crazy one Thursday night.
Entering Thursday's contest with just one goal in 36 games, it's safe to say Del Zotto's two-goal night was unexpected. Del Zotto finished off a fancy passing play with Claude Giroux and Jakub Voracek with just 37 seconds remaining in overtime to give Philadelphia the extra point. Del Zotto's goal in the second period was his first point since December 10.
He now has 10 points in 37 games. Our rest-of-season projections see him tallying four more goals and 11 more helpers over the final 40 games. Del Zotto's Corsi For Percentage (52.0) and Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength (5.1) are both career-best clips.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Ducks' Ryan Kesler (hip) to make season debut Wednesday night December 27th, 2017
- Ducks' Corey Perry is week-to-week with lower-body injury December 12th, 2017
- Ducks' Ryan Getzlaf (face) might miss two months following surgery November 7th, 2017
- John Gibson is the Ducks' starting goalie on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- John Gibson gets the call Wednesday for Ducks October 11th, 2017
- John Gibson starting at goalie for the Ducks on Monday October 9th, 2017