Joffrey Lupul undergoes season-ending surgery for Maple Leafs
Toronto Maple Leafs left winger Joffrey Lupul has undergone sports hernia surgery, which will keep him out for the rest of the 2015-'16 campaign.
Lupul will finish the campaign with 11 goals and 14 points in 46 contests. He's struggled in recent years, both on the ice and in terms of staying healthy, but he's signed through 2017-'18 with a $5.25 million annual cap hit.
Lupul will finish the year with an ugly -6.5 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength (the worst mark of his career) while his 47.6 Corsi For Percentage is his best mark since 2011-'12.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night November 8th, 2017
- Maple Leafs' Frederik Andersen confirmed as Wednesday's starting goalie October 11th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting in goal for Toronto on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting Toronto's season-opener in Winnipeg October 4th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen will be in goal for Toronto in Game 5 April 21st, 2017