Toronto sends Daniel Winnik to Capitals
The Toronto Maple Leafs traded forward Daniel Winnik and a fifth-round pick in 2016 to the Washington Capitals for Brooks Laich, Connor Carrick and a second-round pick in 2016.
Winnik is good at killing penalties and blocking shots. He'll add another capable body to Washington's bottom-two lines. This trade cost the Capitals a second-round pick because of the difference in salary between Brooks Laich ($4.5 million) and Winnik ($2.25 million). Both players are signed through next season. None of the three players involved in this trade will have any fantasy value down the stretch.
Winnik, 30, owns a 48.9 Corsi For Percentage and -5.8 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength, both of which are below his career averages. He has four goals and 10 assists in 56 games. We project him to tally one more goal and four more helpers the rest of the way.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Minnesota's Devan Dubnyk starting on the road against Detroit October 5th, 2017
- Wild rolling with Devan Dubnyk in Game 2 against St. Louis April 14th, 2017
- Devan Dubnyk will try for his third straight win on Thursday for the Wild April 6th, 2017
- Devan Dubnyk dons pads Tuesday as Wild attempt to secure seeding April 4th, 2017
- Alex Stalock making his first start of the season for Minnesota tonight March 30th, 2017
- Wild starting Devan Dubnyk in goal on Tuesday March 28th, 2017