Kings' Alec Martinez likely to dress Thursday
Los Angeles Kings defenseman Alec Martinez appears to be good to go for Thursday's playoff opener versus the San Jose Sharks.
He skated in the morning with Jake Muzzin and appears to be playing. Kings' coach Darryl Sutter didn't want to speak about his lineup, but it appears as if it's safe to expect Martinez to play.
Martinez finished the regular season with 31 points (10 goals, 21 assists) in 78 games played, and his ability to drive possession depends on what stat you examine. His Corsi For Percentage was 53.0, but his Relative Corsi For at Even Strength was a career worst -5.7. Our models currently give the Kings a 6.01 percent chance to win the Stanley Cup, which is the eighth-best mark.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Richaun Holmes starting for the Kings on Wednesday, Dewayne Dedmon coming off the bench October 30th, 2019
- Marvin Bagley will start for the Kings on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- Jonathan Quick starting in net for Kings' season opener October 5th, 2017
- Dallas acquires Ben Bishop from Kings May 9th, 2017
- Kings expected to start Ben Bishop in goal Thursday April 6th, 2017