Leafs ink Matt Martin to four-year deal
The Toronto Maple Leafs inked a four-year, $10 million contract with winger Matt Martin.
Martin doesn't offer a lot offensively (his 10 goals and 19 points last season were both career highs), but he certainly doesn't shy away from playing physically. He racked up 365 hits last season, which easily paced the league (the next closest skater had 61 fewer hits). Toronto may choose to pair the first overall pick in this year's draft, Auston Matthews, with Martin, so that the 18 year-old has some protection on the ice.
Martin, 27 years-old, was able to set career highs in goals and points last season despite averaging a career low 10:33 minutes of ice time. He was average at driving possession, posting a Corsi For Percentage of 49.4 and a Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength of 0.0.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Islanders' Jaroslav Halak starting in goal against the Ducks October 11th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss is back between the pipes Monday for Islanders October 9th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will be in goal Friday for the Islanders October 6th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will tend the twine for the Islanders versus Ottawa April 9th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak in net as Islanders face Carolina April 6th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak gets the green light by the Islanders on Tuesday April 4th, 2017