Bruins' Zdeno Chara (UBI) uncertain for Thursday
Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara's status for Thursday's regular season opener remains uncertain.
He took part in Wednesday's practice but served as a substitute on the second power-play unit and stayed on the ice for extra work after practice. Chara is still on injured reserve with an upper-body injury, but he appears to be improving. He will wait and see how he feels Thursday morning.
Chara, a 6-foot-9 monster, had a down season offensively a year ago, finishing with eight goals and 12 assists. He recorded 17 goals and 23 assists in 2013-'14.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (foot) out at least 2 weeks February 27th, 2018
- Bruins' Brad Marchand (undisclosed) won't play in next two games November 14th, 2017
- Brad Marchand (upper body) to return to Bruins on Friday November 10th, 2017
- Tuukka Rask starting in goal for Bruins on Sunday October 15th, 2017
- Tuukka Rask starting for the Bruins on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (lower body) ruled out of Wednesday's game October 10th, 2017