Joffrey Lupul scores two, records assist as Toronto upsets Stars
Toronto Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul scored two goals and picked up an assist as the Maple Leafs produced their second win of the season Wednesday night with a 3-1 upset victory over the Dallas Stars in Toronto.
Lupul scored his third and fourth goals of the season in the second period to lift the Leafs to a 3-1 lead. He assisted at 19:47 of the third period on Morgan Rielly's third goal of the season. The win was the Leafs' first at home since April 5 of last season. The team is now 2-7-2 this season.
Lupul has had trouble staying on the ice, but when he's been healthy, he's been a steady producer for Toronto. He has 7 points -- 5 goals and two assists -- through 11 games. We project him to tally 15 goals and 15 assists over the remainder of the season.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night November 8th, 2017
- Maple Leafs' Frederik Andersen confirmed as Wednesday's starting goalie October 11th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting in goal for Toronto on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting Toronto's season-opener in Winnipeg October 4th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen will be in goal for Toronto in Game 5 April 21st, 2017