Teddy Purcell nets overtime winner for Edmonton
Edmonton Oilers winger Teddy Purcell scored the overtime winner as the Oilers edged the Anaheim Ducks, 4-3, on Wednesday night.
Purcell scored 1 minute, 16 seconds into overtime after the Oilers twice rallied from a third-period deficit. Oscar Klefbom and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored tying goals in the third for the Oilers, who snapped a six-game skid at the Honda Center that dated to April 2012. Purcell ended it with a breakaway, roaring past Rickard Rakell for his third goal of the season and giving Edmonton its third win in nine games.
Purcell has tallied three goals and three assists in 16 games. We project him to score 11 goals with 16 assists over the remainder of the season.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Richaun Holmes starting for the Kings on Wednesday, Dewayne Dedmon coming off the bench October 30th, 2019
- Marvin Bagley will start for the Kings on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- Jonathan Quick starting in net for Kings' season opener October 5th, 2017
- Dallas acquires Ben Bishop from Kings May 9th, 2017
- Kings expected to start Ben Bishop in goal Thursday April 6th, 2017