Trea Turner traded to Dodgers in prospect haul for Nationals
The Los Angeles Dodgers are acquiring shortstop Trea Turner and starting pitcher Max Scherzer from the Washington Nationals in exchange for four prospects.
Turner is currently on the COVID-19 injured list and will need to clear health and safety protocols before making his Dodgers debut. It isn't clear whether Turner is going to replace Corey Seager at shortstop, or if the Dodgers are going to move him somewhere else.
Turner is averaging 12.5 FanDuel points per game this season while slashing .322/.369/.521 with 18 homers, 17 doubles, 49 RBI, 21 steals, and 66 runs scored. His xBA (.294) ranks in the top five percent of the league.
- Rays' Taylor Walls batting sixth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Yandy Diaz sitting for Rays on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Rays' Brett Phillips batting seventh on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Manuel Margot sitting for Tampa Bay on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Nelson Cruz (forearm) sitting for Rays on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Twins' Brent Rooker (paternity) returning Friday September 17th, 2021
- Will Smith hitting in sixth spot for Dodgers on Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Austin Barnes behind the plate for Dodgers on Monday night September 13th, 2021
- Cody Bellinger hitting sixth in Dodgers' Monday lineup against Arizona September 13th, 2021
- Dodgers' Will Smith receives Monday off September 13th, 2021
- Dodgers' Steven Souza Jr. starting Sunday September 12th, 2021
- Dodgers' leave Cody Bellinger off Sunday lineup September 12th, 2021