Angels' Andrew Wantz suspended for three games following Sunday brawl
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Andrew Wantz has been suspended for three games for his role in the brawl in Sunday's game against the Seattle Mariners.
Wantz initiated Sunday's melee when he appeared to intentionally hit Mariners outfielder Jesse Winker in the hip with a fastball. Things escalated from there, and the league has decided to issue Wantz a three-game suspension for his role in it.
Wantz has pitched 17 innings across 12 games so far this season, with a 3.18 ERA and a solid 1.06 WHIP. He has thrown 15 strikeouts to 5 walks on the season.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Angels' Livan Soto batting seventh on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Max Stassi catching for Angels on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Kurt Suzuki catching for Angels on Tuesday October 4th, 2022
- Livan Soto sitting for Angels on Tuesday October 4th, 2022
- Luis Rengifo leading off for Angels on Tuesday October 4th, 2022
- Angels' Matt Duffy batting sixth on Tuesday October 4th, 2022