Austin Davis opening for Red Sox versus Brewers
Boston Red Sox pitcher Austin Davis will be the opener on Friday versus the Milwaukee Brewers.
Brayan Bello was initially listed as the starter, but Davis will now start and Bello will be available out of the bullpen. Davis has posted a 10.13 ERA and 1.78 WHIP over 10 2/3 innings in July, but in two previous turns as the Red Sox's opener this season, he threw two scoreless innings both times.
Per numberFire's MLB Heat Map, the Brewers have the fourth-highest implied total in the majors on Friday. Our models only project Davis for 1.7 innings 9.4 FanDuel points.
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- David Hensley on Astros' bench Wednesday in Game 4 November 2nd, 2022
- Game 3 of Astros-Phillies World Series postponed Monday October 31st, 2022
- Astros starting Aledmys Diaz in Saturday's Game 2 World Series lineup October 29th, 2022
- Edmundo Sosa in World Series Game 2 lineup Saturday for Phillies October 29th, 2022
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Martin Maldonado sitting Wednesday for Astros in Game 4 November 2nd, 2022