Pete Alonso riding pine for Mets' regular-season finale
New York Mets first baseman Pete Alonso is not in the starting lineup for Wednesday's season finale against right-hander Erick Fedde and the Washington Nationals.
It looks like the Mets are giving Alonso an extra day of rest before they enter the postseason. James McCann will make a rare start on first base while Francisco Alvarez catches for Trevor Williams and bats second.
McCann has a $2,100 salary and numberFire's models project him for 7.6 FanDuel points. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Mets' implied total (4.05) is tied for No. 8 in the majors today.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Daniel Vogelbach in Mets' Sunday lineup for Wild Card Game 3 October 9th, 2022
- Darin Ruf sitting for Mets Sunday in Wild Card Game 3 October 9th, 2022
- Darin Ruf taking over Mets' designated hitting role in Saturday's Wild Card Game 2 lineup October 8th, 2022
- Dan Vogelbach out of Mets' Saturday's Wild Card Game 2 lineup October 8th, 2022
- Mark Vientos not on Wild Card Series roster for Mets October 7th, 2022
- Tyler Naquin left off Mets' Wild Card Series roster October 7th, 2022