Nestor Cortes starting Tuesday for Yankees in ALDS Game 5
New York Yankees left-handed pitcher Nestor Cortes will start on Tuesday in Game 5 of the ALDS against right-hander Aaron Civale and the Cleveland Guardians.
The Yankees were originally going to start Jameson Taillon in Game 5 on Monday, but now they will send Cortes to the mound on short rest for the postponed contest. The 27-year-old southpaw has only started a game on three days of rest one other time in his career. On September 10, 2019, he made a spot start on the road against the Detroit Tigers and allowed four runs (two earned) and six hits over 2 1/3 innings.
numberFire's models project Cortes for 31.5 FanDuel points over 5 2/3 innings in Game 5, and he has a $9,700 salary on Tuesday's Main slate.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Yankees leave Matt Carpenter off lineup for Game 4 Sunday October 23rd, 2022
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa batting eighth for Yankees in Game 4 Sunday October 23rd, 2022
- Jose Trevino in Yankees' ALCS Game 4 lineup Saturday evening October 22nd, 2022
- Matt Carpenter in Yankees' lineup Saturday evening for ALCS Game 3 October 22nd, 2022
- Oswald Peraza sitting Saturday for Yankees in ALCS Game 3 October 22nd, 2022
- Kyle Higashioka sitting ALCS Game 3 for New York on Saturday October 22nd, 2022