Giancarlo Stanton sitting for Yankees Thursday in early game
New York Yankees outfielder Giancarlo Stanton is not in the lineup for Game 1 of Thursday's doubleheader against right-hander Tanner Houck and the Boston Red Sox.
Aaron Judge will start at designated hitter in the first game while Everson Pereira covers left field and Oswaldo Cabrera handles the other outfield corner. Austin Wells will move into the cleanup role for the Yankees. Stanton will likely be back in the lineup for Game 2 on Thursday.
numberFire’s models project Judge ($4,100) for 13.7 and Pereira ($2,100) for 8.5 FanDuel points on Thursday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Yankees' implied total is 4.41 and the game total is 9.0. Houck has a 5.28 ERA and 4.26 xERA this season, so he has likely suffered from some unfortunate luck. However, he doesn't record many strikeouts (21.2%) and has a hard-hit rate in the bottom 16th percentile of the league.
- Arizona's Evan Longoria taking over third base in Wednesday's World Series Game 5 matchup November 1st, 2023
- Rangers take Adolis Garcia (oblique) and Max Scherzer (back) off World Series roster October 31st, 2023
- Rangers starting Travis Jankowski in right field on Tuesday October 31st, 2023
- Adolis Garcia (side) out of Rangers' Tuesday World Series Game 4 lineup October 31st, 2023
- Diamondbacks starting Emmanuel Rivera at third base in Tuesday's World Series Game 4 matchup October 31st, 2023
- Arizona's Alek Thomas taking over center field in Friday's World Series Game 1 matchup October 27th, 2023
- Jake Bauers riding pine for Yankees Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa starting Sunday for Yankees October 1st, 2023
- Yankees' Aaron Judge not in lineup Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Austin Wells catching for Yankees Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Gleyber Torres not in Yankees' lineup Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Anthony Volpe hitting second for Yankees Sunday October 1st, 2023