Ryan Braun out for first game of Brewers' doubleheader
Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun is not in the lineup for the first game of Tuesday's doubleheader against the Chicago Cubs.
Kirk Nieuwenhuis is filling in for the Brewers in left, hitting sixth against Cubs right-hander Trevor Cahill. Expect Braun to be in action for the second contest.
Braun currently ranks 13th among all big league players with a 2.96 nERD. He's slashing .328/.391/.571 with a .402 wOBA in 407 plate appearances this season.
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser says exit was precautionary March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Luis Urias (wrist) participating in batting practice March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser leaves early with 'discomfort' March 2nd, 2020
- Brewers reportedly agree to deal with Brock Holt on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Avisail Garcia and Ryan Braun to 'share time in right' February 17th, 2020
- Josh Hader blows save, Brewers knocked out by Nationals October 2nd, 2019