Keon Broxton suffers broken nose, will avoid Brewers' disabled list
Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Keon Broxton suffered a small nasal fracture after being hit in the face by a pitch from Colorado Rockies starter Antonio Senzatela on Thursday.
"He avoided something incredibly serious," said a relieved manager Craig Counsell. Broxton won't need a stint on the disabled list but consider him day-to-day for now. Kirk Nieuwenhuis will be the likely replacement in center if Broxton is forced to miss any time.
numberFire's models currently project Broxton to hit .230 in 436 plate appearances with 15 home runs, 44 RBI's and 51 runs scored over the remainder of the season.
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser says exit was precautionary March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Luis Urias (wrist) participating in batting practice March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser leaves early with 'discomfort' March 2nd, 2020
- Brewers reportedly agree to deal with Brock Holt on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Avisail Garcia and Ryan Braun to 'share time in right' February 17th, 2020
- Josh Hader blows save, Brewers knocked out by Nationals October 2nd, 2019