Cam Bedrosian reportedly 'current favorite' for Angels' closer job
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Cam Bedrosian "is seen as the current favorite" for the closer job, according to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports.
Blake Parker finished last season as the closer, so most expected he would keep the role once again in 2018. However, with Bedrosian outperforming Parker so far this spring, he could be taking the lead in the closer race. Still, nothing official has been announced, and Heyman also reports that a closer-by-committee strategy could also arise, so we're far from having this situation settled.
Last season, Bedrosian posted a 4.43 ERA and 1.30 WHIP with 53 strikeouts over 44 2/3 innings. He also converted 6 saves.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Tommy La Stella starting on Sunday for Los Angeles September 29th, 2019
- Kevan Smith not in Angels' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Angels' Brian Goodwin hitting second on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Kevan Smith catching for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Angels' Taylor Ward in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Jared Walsh starting at first base for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019