Pelicans acquire Markieff Morris from Wizards for Wesley Johnson
The New Orleans Pelicans acquired forward/center Markieff Morris and a 2023 second-round pick from the Washington Wizards in exchange for guard/forward Wesley Johnson.
Morris hasn't played since the end of December, but there's some hope he will be able to return after the All-Star break. Anthony Davis, Nikola Mirotic, and Julius Randle have all been mentioned as trade candidates, so Morris could help fill the void in the Pelicans' frontcourt if any of them are moved. He turns 30 this offseason.
'Kieff averaged 22.7 FanDuel points over 34 games (15 starts) for the Wizards this season, with 11.5 points, 5.1 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.6 blocks, and 1.4 triples per contest.
- Grizzlies getting Eric Bledsoe in multi-player, pick swap July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans acquire Jonas Valanciunas, picks from Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans send Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe to Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo (health protocols) ruled out for Bucks in Game 5 July 17th, 2021
- Suns' Dario Saric tears ACL, out indefinitely July 7th, 2021
- Dario Saric (knee) won't return for Suns in Game 1 July 6th, 2021
- Andre Drummond coming off Lakers' bench Thursday night June 3rd, 2021
- Anthony Davis (groin) starting for Lakers Thursday; Markieff Morris to bench June 3rd, 2021
- Marc Gasol officially starting for Lakers in Game 6 Thursday; Andre Drummond to bench June 3rd, 2021
- Haynes: Anthony Davis (groin) cleared to play for Lakers in Game 6 June 3rd, 2021
- Shams: Marc Gasol expected to start in front of Andre Drummond for Lakers in Game 6 June 3rd, 2021
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (knee) will suit up for Lakers in Game 6 June 3rd, 2021