Daniel Gafford starting for Wizards Friday night; Thomas Bryant (ankle) to bench
Washington Wizards forward Daniel Gafford will start Friday in the team's game against the San Antonio Spurs.
Head coach Wes Unseld hinted at a lineup change, and here it is. Gafford had been coming off the bench for the last couple weeks, but coming out of the All-Star Break, he is being elevated to a starting role. In a corresponding move, Thomas Bryant - who is dealing with an ankle injury but was declared active a short while ago - will come off the bench.
Our models currently project Gafford for 6.6 points, 3.8 rebounds and 15.7 FanDuel points across 13.1 minutes of action, but it seems as though he's in store for a larger role.
- Boston's Malcolm Brogdon (illness) available on Wednesday December 7th, 2022
- Celtics' Al Horford (health protocols) out on Wednesday December 7th, 2022
- Bucks' Wesley Matthews (health protocols) out on Wednesday December 7th, 2022
- Suns' Torrey Craig (groin) plans to play on Wednesday December 7th, 2022
- Thunder's Lu Dort (knee) out on Wednesday December 7th, 2022
- Patrick Beverley (knee) doubtful for Lakers on Wednesday December 7th, 2022
- Shams: Bradley Beal (hamstring) to miss at least one week for Washington December 5th, 2022
- Bradley Beal (hamstring) won't return for Wizards Sunday December 4th, 2022
- Bradley Beal (hamstring) questionable to return for Wizards on Sunday December 4th, 2022
- Wizards' Rui Hachimura (ankle) out again on Friday December 1st, 2022
- Corey Kispert coming off Wizards' bench Monday night November 28th, 2022
- Kyle Kuzma (back) available, starting for Wizards Monday; Corey Kispert back to bench November 28th, 2022