Hawks send John Collins to Jazz via trade
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Atlanta Hawks are trading forward John Collins to the Utah Jazz in return for Rudy Gay and a future second-round pick.
The Hawks appear to be moving Collins to shift off of the large 3-year, $78 million contract to gain some additional flexibility with their cap. They'll acquire Rudy Gay in the deal, who averaged 14.6 minutes per game off the bench over 56 games for the Jazz last season.
Collins started each of his 71 games with the Hawks last season but has seen his effectiveness with the team dwindle over each of the past 3 years. He averaged 13.1 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 1.2 assists per game in 2022.
- Charania: Austin Reaves (illness) plans to play in Lakers' Saturday In-Season Championship matchup December 9th, 2023
- Anthony Davis (adductor/hip) will play in Lakers' Saturday In-Season Tournament Finals matchup December 9th, 2023
- LeBron James (calf) available for Los Angeles on Saturday night December 9th, 2023
- Jarred Vanderbilt (heel) active for Lakers on Saturday December 9th, 2023
- MacMahon: Kyrie Irving diagnosed with foot bruise, status for Monday's matchup versus Memphis 'yet to be determined' December 9th, 2023
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown ejected on Friday December 8th, 2023
- Utah's Walker Kessler starting on Friday, Omer Yurtseven coming off the bench December 8th, 2023
- Ochai Agbaji playing with Utah's second unit on Friday night December 8th, 2023
- Jazz starting Jordan Clarkson (thigh) in Friday's lineup, Ochai Agbaji to bench December 8th, 2023
- Kelly Olynyk (shoulder) available for Utah on Friday December 8th, 2023
- Utah's Jordan Clarkson (thigh) available on Friday December 8th, 2023
- Kelly Olynyk (shoulder) probable for Jazz's Friday matchup December 8th, 2023