Report: Browns acquiring Olivier Vernon from Giants for Kevin Zeitler
The Cleveland Browns are acquiring defensive end Olivier Vernon and a 2019 fourth-round pick from the New York Giants in exchange for right guard Kevin Zeitler and a 2019 fifth-round pick, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Vernon has only played in 23 games over the past two seasons and comes with a hefty contract, but he plays a premier position in the league, especially compared to an interior offensive lineman. That said, Zeitler is considered an elite pass-blocker. Vernon turns 29 in October.
Vernon recorded 25 tackles (20 solo) with 7 sacks in 12 games for the Giants last season.
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) not cleared to play, remains in protocol February 17th, 2020
- Vernon Hargreaves cut by Texans after six-game tenure February 14th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reinstated by NFL February 12th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham under arrest for touching officer January 16th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (illness) active for Week 17 game against Bengals December 29th, 2019
- Browns' Odell Beckham Jr. (illness) questionable for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Browns place Dontrell Hilliard (knee) on injured reserve December 24th, 2019