Cardinals' David Johnson 'obviously' limited by injuries
Arizona Cardinals running back David Johnson has "obviously" been limited by back and ankle injuries this season, head coach Kliff Kingsbury said on Monday.
Johnson is "still working through those and getting a feel for it," Kingsbury added. Johnson rushed just 5 times for 2 yards and caught an 8-yard pass in Sunday's Week 10 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was replaced by Kenyan Drake after losing a fumble late in the third quarter and didn't see the field again. "We just felt like with Drake, needed to get something going and kept him rolling," Kingsbury said. It sounds like Drake could supplant Johnson as the starter for Week 11 against the San Francisco 49ers.
Johnson has 302 rushing yards (3.7 per carry), 323 receiving yards (31 receptions), and 5 touchdowns in eight games this season.
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott suffered hand and finger injuries in Week 14 loss to Bears December 6th, 2019
- Giants' Golden Tate clears concussion protocol before Week 14 December 6th, 2019
- Rams' Gerald Everett (knee) out for Week 14 December 6th, 2019
- Oakland's Josh Jacobs (shoulder) questionable for Week 14's matchup against Tennessee December 6th, 2019
- San Francisco's Dee Ford (hamstring) available for Week 14's game against Saints December 6th, 2019
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) will not play in Week 14's matchup against Arizona December 6th, 2019
- Schefter: Cardinals' Kyler Murray (hamstring) to start in Week 13 December 1st, 2019
- Arizona's Chase Edmonds (hamstring) not listed on Week 13's final injury report November 29th, 2019
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray (hamstring) questionable for Week 13 November 29th, 2019
- Chase Edmonds (hamstring) expected to return for Cardinals in Week 13 November 25th, 2019
- Cardinals' Chase Edmonds (hamstring) returns to practice Monday November 25th, 2019
- David Johnson logs 5 snaps, 0 touches in Cardinals loss November 18th, 2019