Sheldon Rankins (Achilles') reportedly to be ready for Saints' camp
New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins is expected to be ready for training camp, reports Nick Underhill of NewOrleans.Football.
Rankins, who missed the final three games of the season, is recovering from an operation "that essentially preempted what could have led to an Achilles rupture." He tore his other Achilles' tendon during the 2018-19 postseason, forcing him to miss Weeks 1-3. Following a breakout 8.0-sack campaign in 2018, Rankins was limited to just 2.0 takedowns in half as many snaps last season. The 2016 first-rounder turns 26 on Thursday.
Rankins ranked 70th out of 121 interior defenders to play at least 20.0 percent of snaps last season, per Pro Football Focus. His overall grade fell from 81.0 in 2018 to 65.6 last season.
- Schefter: Colts looking to move Marlon Mack September 28th, 2021
- Titans: Julio Jones limited snaps due to tightness September 28th, 2021
- Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (shoulder) DNP on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Miles Sanders touches ball five times in Eagles loss September 28th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dalton Schultz scores twice in victory September 28th, 2021
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Jets' Tyler Kroft (chest) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 3's game against Denver September 26th, 2021
- Jets' Tevin Coleman (illness) out for Week 3's matchup against Denver September 24th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021