Sheldon Rankins (Achilles') reportedly to be ready for Saints' camp
New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins is expected to be ready for training camp, reports Nick Underhill of NewOrleans.Football.
Rankins, who missed the final three games of the season, is recovering from an operation "that essentially preempted what could have led to an Achilles rupture." He tore his other Achilles' tendon during the 2018-19 postseason, forcing him to miss Weeks 1-3. Following a breakout 8.0-sack campaign in 2018, Rankins was limited to just 2.0 takedowns in half as many snaps last season. The 2016 first-rounder turns 26 on Thursday.
Rankins ranked 70th out of 121 interior defenders to play at least 20.0 percent of snaps last season, per Pro Football Focus. His overall grade fell from 81.0 in 2018 to 65.6 last season.
- Chiefs, Chris Jones reportedly not close on long-term contract May 28th, 2020
- Matt Judon signs Ravens' franchise tag Thursday May 28th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Ravens say all running backs have role May 28th, 2020
- Justice Hill to make 'big jump' for Ravens May 28th, 2020
- Patrick Peterson, Cardinals haven't talked contract May 28th, 2020
- Eli Apple signs 1-year deal with Carolina May 28th, 2020
- Jay Glazer: Taysom Hill next in line for Saints May 20th, 2020
- Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery May 15th, 2020
- Saints release Pro Bowl guard Larry Warford May 8th, 2020
- Saints see Tommy Stevens as "bigger Taysom Hill" April 30th, 2020
- Saints' Jameis Winston claims improved depth perception April 29th, 2020