Jaguars opt for more defense, select tackle DaVon Hamilton with 73rd pick
The Jacksonville Jaguars have selected defensive tackle DaVon Hamilton with the NFL Draft's 2020 73rd overall pick.
According to Pro Football Focus, the 21-year old tackle graded positively as a run-stopping player and should have a role to upgrade a leaky Jaguars' run defense rated 29th last season. Expect Hamilton to contribute mostly on early downs.
In 40 total games, Hamilton recorded 7 sacks and 20 tackles for a loss.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- Panthers to trade Dan Arnold to Jaguars September 27th, 2021
- Jaguars' Laviska Shenault (shoulder) logs full practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Meyer: Jaguars' D.J. Chark (hand) will be ready for Week 1 August 31st, 2021
- Jacksonville's Marvin Jones (shoulder) 'expected to be full-go' for regular season opener August 25th, 2021
- Jaguars place Travis Etienne (foot) on injured reserve August 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jaguars' Travis Etienne suffered Lisfranc injury August 24th, 2021