Bengals re-sign Brandon Wilson
The Cincinnati Bengals re-signed safety Brandon Wilson to a one-year, $2.133 million contract.
Wilson made the first two starts of his career last season but those were the only two games he logged more than half of the defensive snaps. The 2017 sixth-round pick earned the highest coverage grade of his career from Pro Football Focus in the first start (80.2) and then was marked with a season-low in the second start (34.9). However, Wilson offers much more value as a kick returner. He was the only player in the NFL with at least 5 kick returns last season to average more than 30.0 yards per return.
Wilson hasn't recorded an interception or pass deflection in his professional career, but he did force a pair of fumbles last season. He graded just 107th on PFF out of 112 safeties with at least 150 defensive snaps. As a return man, Wilson led all players with a grade of 85.0.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow "focused on Week 1" following return to game action on Sunday August 29th, 2021
- Ja'Marr Chase having 'fantastic week' for Bengals August 26th, 2021
- Ja'Marr Chase continuing to struggle for Cincinnati August 23rd, 2021
- Bengals' Auden Tate could take snaps from Ja'Marr Chase August 23rd, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow out again for second preseason game against Washington on Friday August 18th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Mixon "accepting all challenges" heading into 2021 season August 11th, 2021