Tashaun Gipson reportedly signing with Bears
The Chicago Bears signed safety Tashaun Gipson, formerly of the Houston Texans, to a 1-year contract, reports ProFootballTalk of NBCSports.com.
Gipson wasn't available for long after being released by the Houston Texans earlier in the week. He's expected to take over at starting strong safety in place of Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, who signed with the Dallas Cowboys in free agency. Gipson started every game for the Texans last year before missing the final two with a back injury. He turns 30 this summer.
Gipson recorded 3 interceptions and 8 pass deflections with 2 tackles for loss last season. He has 23 interceptions in 104 career starts. Gipson graded 60th overall on Pro Football Focus out of 71 safeties to play at least 500 defensive snaps last season.
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman (ankle) questionable for Week 2's matchup against Rams September 17th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) ruled out for Raiders in Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on Week 2's injury report against 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021
- Buffalo's Emmanuel Sanders (hamstring) fully practices on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) expected to play in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) questionable for Week 1 game against Rams September 10th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (back) limited for Bears again Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Bears reportedly sign wide receiver Breshad Perriman to 1-year deal September 2nd, 2021
- Tarik Cohen (knee) placed on PUP list, to miss Bears' first 6 games August 31st, 2021
- Bears' Tarik Cohen (knee) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Rams August 29th, 2021