Devin Funchess fighting for Packers' second spot
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Devin Funchess is competing with Allen Lazard to be the No. 2 receiver, writes Mike Spofford of Packers.com.
The Packers signed Funchess to a one-year, $2.5 million contract in March following a completely lost 2019 season with the Indianapolis Colts due to a collarbone injury. Funchess and Lazard will likely see similar target shares as distant second and third options behind Davante Adams. There's also a chance that Jake Kumerow or Marquez Valdes-Scantling emerge as preferred options. During the first four years of his career with the Carolina Panthers, Funchess averaged 36.5 yards per game and totaled 21 touchdowns.
numberFire's models expect Funchess to draw 70.5 targets this season, compared to 57.1 for Lazard. Funchess is projected for 493.3 yards and 3.6 touchdowns on 37.0 receptions. He's the WR72 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Derrick Henry dominates for 3 scores in Titans' comeback victory September 19th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski finds endzone twice in blowout victory September 19th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Kyler Murray scores 4 times in wild Cardinals win September 19th, 2021
- Marquise Brown (ankle) active for Ravens Sunday night September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021
- Packers' Za'Darius Smith (back) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Saints August 22nd, 2021
- Aaron Rodgers not looking for a "farewell tour" in potential final season with Green Bay August 18th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (hamstring) returns to practice Monday August 16th, 2021
- Packers' Jordan Love dealing with shoulder injury August 15th, 2021
- Pelissero: Packers working on acquiring Randall Cobb from Texans July 27th, 2021