Tavon Austin signs with 49ers
The San Francisco 49ers agreed to a deal with former Cowboys wide receiver Tavon Austin on Friday, pending a physical.
The 49ers also added former Arizona Cardinals wide receiver J.J. Nelson. With sophomore Deebo Samuel currently out with a foot injury, depth is needed at the wide receiver position as the start of the season draws closer. This pair of signings shows an emphasis on field-stretching speed, which could be used to open up the middle of the field for George Kittle.
Austin's Week 1 projection includes 0.2 receptions, 2.4 yards, and 0.8 FanDuel points.
- Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) ruled out for Raiders in Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on Week 2's injury report against 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021
- Buffalo's Emmanuel Sanders (hamstring) fully practices on Friday September 17th, 2021
- 49ers: Brandon Aiyuk Week 1 usage due to hamstring tweak September 17th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Meyer: Jaguars' D.J. Chark (hand) will be ready for Week 1 August 31st, 2021
- Jacksonville's Marvin Jones (shoulder) 'expected to be full-go' for regular season opener August 25th, 2021
- Jaguars place Travis Etienne (foot) on injured reserve August 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jaguars' Travis Etienne suffered Lisfranc injury August 24th, 2021
- Travis Etienne (foot) questionable to return to Jags' Monday night game August 23rd, 2021
- Jaguars' Trevor Lawrence poised and comfortable in preseason debut August 15th, 2021