Jets' Ty Johnson steps in with 22 carries, 104 yards
New York Jets running back Ty Johnson rushed 22 times for 104 yards and a touchdown, and caught 2 passes (2 targets) for 13 yards, in a 31-28, Week 13 loss to the Las Vegas Raiders.
Johnson emerged as the Jets' lead back after Frank Gore exited with a concussion on the second play from scrimmage. He out-snapped Josh Adams 39-19 and handled 75.0 percent of the backfield touches after Gore left. Johnson also punched in a score from a yard out while Adams failed to convert on his goal-line opportunity. Johnson will be in line for lead duties again in Week 14 against the Seattle Seahawks if Gore doesn't clear the concussion protocol. The Seahawks have been stout against the run throughout the year but they just surrendered a career-high 135 yards to Wayne Gallman on Sunday.
Johnson scored 18.7 FanDuel points on Sunday, sixth-most among running backs, and earned the eighth-best rushing grade from Pro Football Focus. The Seahawks have allowed the sixth-fewest rushing yards to the running back position this season but also the eighth-most FanDuel points.
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman (ankle) questionable for Week 2's matchup against Rams September 17th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) ruled out for Raiders in Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on Week 2's injury report against 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021
- Buffalo's Emmanuel Sanders (hamstring) fully practices on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) could return for Jets in Week 2 September 13th, 2021
- Jets losing top OL Mekhi Becton (knee) 4-6 weeks September 13th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) ruled out for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 1 clash with Panthers September 10th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) ruled out for Jets in Week 1 September 10th, 2021