Leonard Fournette likely Buccaneers' lead back versus Falcons
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Leonard Fournette will likely be the lead back in Week 15 versus the Atlanta Falcons if Ronald Jones (finger, COVID-19) can't play, per comments from offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich.
"He’s been great," Leftwich said of Fournette. "He’s been here all week putting in work. He’s been working since he got here. It’s great to have a guy like that that you can lean on." Leftwich also mentioned LeSean McCoy and Ke'Shawn Vaughn as potential contributors in place of Jones. "We've got guys we really depend on, we believe in that they can go out there and get the job done." Fournette was a healthy scratch for last week's win over the Minnesota Vikings. He has rushed for over 50 yards in his three games with double-digit carries this season.
numberFire's models project Fournette for 18.9 touches on Sunday and he is the RB15 in our Week 15 fantasy rankings. He has a salary of $5,500 and is projected for 13.4 FanDuel points, making Fournette the second-best value on our board behind James Conner. The Falcons have been beaten through the air this season, but they are allowing the sixth-fewest FanDuel points per game to the running back position.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) questionable for Buccaneers in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021