49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) not expected to be ready for Week 16
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) was designated to return from injured reserve but is not expected to be active for Week 16's game against the Arizona Cardinals.
Garoppolo is healthy enough to return to practice, but Kyle Shanahan doesn't expect him to be ready to serve as C.J. Beathard's backup in Week 16. It's possible that Garoppolo could return for Week 17's game against the Seattle Seahawks, but Shanahan has previously expressed doubt over him playing at all for the rest of the season. San Francisco reportedly plans to sign a quarterback off another team's practice squad to serve as their emergency option against the Cardinals.
Beathard's Week 16 projection includes 119.5 passing yards, 0.7 touchdowns, 0.5 interceptions, and 7.2 FanDuel points.
- Bills' Zack Moss officially active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman (ankle) active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) ruled out for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Trey Sermon officially active for 49ers in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell "expected" to lead 49ers' backfield Sunday September 19th, 2021
- 49ers: Brandon Aiyuk Week 1 usage due to hamstring tweak September 17th, 2021
- Trey Sermon to be active Sunday for 49ers September 17th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (hamstring) logs full practice on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert undergoing season-ending knee surgery September 14th, 2021