Panthers' Christian McCaffrey not expecting offseason surgery
Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey said Monday that he doesn't expect to require offseason surgery.
McCaffrey only played in three games this season due to a combination of thigh, shoulder, and ankle injuries. He was elite when on the field, as McCaffrey averaged 124.7 yards from scrimmage and racked up 6 touchdowns over the small sample size. Without any post-op rehab to worry about, McCaffrey should be 100 percent for the Panthers' offseason program. He turns 25 in June and is under contract for the next five seasons.
McCaffrey averaged 27.3 FanDuel points per game this season. Among the 76 running backs with at least 50 carries this season, he ranked 11th in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry. In regards to McCaffrey's pass-catching prowess, he added the second-most Reception Net Expected Points per target out of 76 backs with at least 15 targets.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Zane Gonzalez signs deal with Panthers Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Christian McCaffrey racks up 187 all-purpose yards in Week 1 win September 12th, 2021
- Panthers claim running back Royce Freeman off waivers on Thursday September 2nd, 2021
- Robbie Anderson signs 2-year extension with Carolina August 24th, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey "hungry" and "ready to go" August 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Robby Anderson (hamstring) misses practice on Wednesday August 18th, 2021