J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals signed free agent defensive lineman J.J. Watt.
The contract is reportedly worth $31 million over two years and includes $23 million in guarantees. The Cardinals sacked opposing quarterbacks at the fifth-highest rate in the league last season and Watt's arrival should make the pass rush even better, assuming Haason Reddick is re-signed and Chandler Jones returns to full health from his season-ending biceps injury. Watt will turn 32 later this month.
Watt recorded 5.0 sacks and 14 tackles for loss with a pick-six and a pair of forced fumbles across 16 games last season. He graded out in the top-10 overall among defensive ends on Pro Football Focus and finished in the top-20 as a pass-rusher.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Jaguars reportedly sign Marvin Jones to 2-year, $9.2 million fully guaranteed deal March 16th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Texans sign Tyrod Taylor to one-year deal worth up to $12.5 million March 16th, 2021
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Schefter: Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Texans January 28th, 2021
- Kenny Stills reportedly visiting Bills December 30th, 2020