J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals signed free agent defensive lineman J.J. Watt.
The contract is reportedly worth $31 million over two years and includes $23 million in guarantees. The Cardinals sacked opposing quarterbacks at the fifth-highest rate in the league last season and Watt's arrival should make the pass rush even better, assuming Haason Reddick is re-signed and Chandler Jones returns to full health from his season-ending biceps injury. Watt will turn 32 later this month.
Watt recorded 5.0 sacks and 14 tackles for loss with a pick-six and a pair of forced fumbles across 16 games last season. He graded out in the top-10 overall among defensive ends on Pro Football Focus and finished in the top-20 as a pass-rusher.
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury July 30th, 2021
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Chase Edmonds reportedly the favorite to be Cardinals' featured back July 8th, 2021
- Cardinals' Rondale Moore excelling at "making the first guy miss" June 21st, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season June 10th, 2021
- Austin Dean starting for Cardinals Sunday afternoon April 11th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021