Jonathan Taylor the 'main guy' in Colts' backfield
Indianapolis Colts running back Jonathan Taylor has "earned the right to be the main guy" in the backfield, per head coach Frank Reich.
Reich said that Taylor has "really established himself" as the Colts' lead back ahead of his second season. Zak Keefer of The Athletic expects Taylor to handle at least 60 percent of the Colts' carries, with Marlon Mack playing a complementary role. Taylor racked up 741 rushing yards and 7 touchdowns over the last six games of his rookie campaign, but he only averaged 2.6 targets per game and handled less than 55 percent of the team's red zone rushing attempts.
Taylor is currently the RB6 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 298.8 carries, 1,406.0 yards, and 14.6 touchdowns, with 34.6 catches (49.3 targets) for 262.3 yards and 1.9 touchdowns.
- Jets' Tyler Kroft (chest) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (rib) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) officially inactive for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) officially inactive for Week 3's clash with Seahawks September 26th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 3's game against Denver September 26th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) out for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankles) will start Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankle) participates in Colts' Friday practice September 24th, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021