Zack Moss has path to Bills' three-down role
Buffalo Bills running back Zack Moss could "take over the backfield in 2021 if he continues to improve," per Joe Buscaglia of The Athletic.
Moss' rookie season was limited by a lingering turf toe injury and fumbling issues, but Buscgalia believes that Moss has the potential to be a "60 to 70 percent snap player" in the Bills' offense. "Moss was the more impressive running back down the stretch and looked extremely comfortable in his reads and physicality after his toe injury," Buscaglia praises. "He has underrated receiving skills, he’s their best runner between the tackles, showed a punishing rushing style that routinely maximized attempts and is the Bills’ preferred goal-line back." Moss is fully expected to pull away from Devin Singletary and establish himself as a three-down back for Buffalo. Per Fantasy Football Calculator, Moss is currently being drafted as the RB38 and Singletary is the RB40 in Half-PPR leagues.
Moss is the RB33 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 166.9 carries and 714.2 yards, plus 18.7 receptions (25.5 targets) and 134.9 yards, with 7.5 touchdowns. Singletary is projected for 120.0 carries and 32.9 catches (45.5 targets).
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- Bills' Zack Moss officially active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Buffalo's Emmanuel Sanders (hamstring) fully practices on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Zack Moss praised by Bills for practice performance September 17th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021