Rapoport: Davante Adams, Packers break off extension talks
The Green Bay Packers and wide receiver Davante Adams have "broken off long-term extension talks," reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Adams. The two sides made an effort to work out a deal, but the Packers' proposals "have not acknowledged Adams as the highest paid wide receiver," per Rapoport. Adams said last month that he won't hold out because he wants to avoid fines. The 28-year-old receiver earned his first All-Pro honors last year after leading the NFL with 98.1 receiving yards per game and 18 touchdowns.
Adams is currently the WR3 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 177.5 targets, 123.2 receptions, 1,477.9 yards, and 12.27 touchdowns this season. Among the 34 receivers with at least 100 targets last season, Adams had the best catch rate (77.2 percent) and he added the eighth-most Reception Net Expected Points per target.
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) considered day-to-day September 27th, 2021
- Panthers to trade Dan Arnold to Jaguars September 27th, 2021
- Bears considering entire quarterback depth chart for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler done for year with torn ACL September 27th, 2021
- Panthers' keep Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) off of injured reserve September 27th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Packers' Robert Tonyan scores first touchdown September 21st, 2021
- Green Bay uses A.J. Dillon sparingly in win September 21st, 2021
- Davante Adams paces Packers in victory September 21st, 2021
- Aaron Rodgers rebounds with 4 touchdowns as Packers roll September 21st, 2021
- Aaron Jones scores 4 times in Packers win September 21st, 2021
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021