Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger
Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs said he gained 13 pounds this offseason in an effort to become stronger and more physical.
Ruggs said he is focusing on improving in both the passing and running game. The added muscle should translate to more production in the short passing game, which is where Derek Carr likes to throw the ball. Ruggs, last year's No. 12 pick in the draft, is entering this season as the Raiders' top wide receiver. The offseason departure of Nelson Agholor, who finished second on the Raiders with 82 targets last year, should result in more opportunities for Ruggs in his sophomore season.
Ruggs is the WR54 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him to lead the Raiders receivers with 89.4 targets, 55.8 receptions, 822.8 yards, and 3.89 touchdowns.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Raiders' Derek Carr (ankle) questionable for Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Henry Ruggs records 113 yards, touchdown for Raiders September 20th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) ruled out for Raiders in Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe, ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 16th, 2021