Vikings' Tyler Conklin (hamstring) expected back this week
Minnesota Vikings tight end Tyler Conklin (hamstring) could return to practice this week, writes Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
Conklin has been dealing with a hamstring issue for the past two weeks, but he no longer had his hamstring wrapped on Monday, leading Tomasson to believe that Conklin is nearing a return. Irv Smith (meniscus surgery) will reportedly miss the start of the season, potentially opening up a larger role for Conklin. The Vikings begin their season on the road against the Cincinnati Bengals. Conklin caught 15 passes on 22 targets and averaged 42.0 yards over the Vikings' final four games last season.
Conklin averaged 0.92 yards per route run last season, which tied for 58th out of 78 tight ends with at least 10 targets. numberFire's models project Conklin for 4.3 targets and 6.1 FanDuel points versus the Bengals in Week 1. The 2018 fifth-round pick has a $4,400 salary on the Week 1 main slate.
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (hamstring) may have suffered setback October 22nd, 2021
- Antonio Brown (ankle) ruled out for Buccaneers in Week 7 October 22nd, 2021
- Rob Gronkowski (ribs) ruled out Week 7 for Buccaneers October 22nd, 2021
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Vikings place Patrick Peterson (hamstring) on IR October 18th, 2021
- Kirk Cousins throws for 373 yards, 3 scores in Vikings' win October 17th, 2021
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (foot) cleared for Week 6 October 15th, 2021
- Justin Jefferson (ankle) good to go for Vikings against Panthers October 15th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) removed from Vikings injury report October 15th, 2021
- Adam Thielen (foot) not practicing with Vikings on Thursday October 14th, 2021