49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol
San Francisco 49ers rookie running back Trey Sermon was placed in the concussion protocol following Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Sermon took a hard hit and fumbled the ball on the first rushing attempt of his career. He will have to clear protocol in order to play in Week 3 against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night. JaMycal Hasty (ankle) also made an early exit in Week 2 and Elijah Mitchell injured his shoulder, but he was able to return to the game. Mitchell and Trenton Cannon are the 49ers only two healthy backs at this time. Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that the 49ers are looking at free agent running backs Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, and T.J. Yeldon.
The 49ers have earned the second-best run blocking grade from Pro Football Focus through the Sunday night game in Week 2. San Francisco's Week 3 opponent, the Packers, are allowing the 11th-most FanDuel points per game to the running back position.
- Alex Collins (hip, glute) uncertain for Seahawks in Week 7 October 18th, 2021
- Rapoport: Kareem Hunt (calf) likely out for Browns 4-6 weeks October 18th, 2021
- Michael Thomas (ankle) eligible to return for Saints this week October 18th, 2021
- Dak Prescott dismisses calf concerns at Cowboys presser October 18th, 2021
- Baker Mayfield (shoulder) expects to play Thursday for Browns October 18th, 2021
- Noah Fant goes for 97 yards, touchdown in Broncos' loss October 17th, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) 'doing good' on 49ers bye October 12th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance sprained left knee in Week 5 October 11th, 2021
- George Kittle (calf) placed on 49ers injured reserve, out at least three games October 9th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) not listed on 49ers' Week 5 injury report October 8th, 2021
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) ruled out, Trey Lance to start in Week 5's matchup against Cardinals October 8th, 2021
- 49ers list George Kittle (calf) as doubtful in Week 5 October 8th, 2021