49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield
The San Francisco 49ers signed running back Jacques Patrick from the Cincinnati Bengals to their practice squad.
Patrick signed with the Bengals as an undrafted free agent last year and spent the entire 2020 season on the team's practice squad. Prior to signing with the Bengals, Patrick rushed for 254 yards on 60 carries with 2 touchdowns in five XFL games. Elijah Mitchell (shoulder), Trey Sermon (concussion), and JaMycal Hasty (ankle) all suffered injuries in Week 2 and have uncertain statuses for the 49ers' upcoming matchup with the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night. Patrick could wind up playing a meaningful role for San Francisco if the rest of the backfield remains banged up heading into the weekend.
The 49ers have earned the second-best team grade for run blocking this season from Pro Football Focus. The Packers run defense is No. 22 in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) sidelined on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones sits out Football Team practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) remains idle for Football Team October 20th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) sitting out Washington's first practice October 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) sitting out Washington practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance (knee) DNP on Wednesday, not expected to play in Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) limited for 49ers on Wednesday, expected to be available for Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Trey Lance not spotted at 49ers' practice Monday October 18th, 2021
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) back at practice ahead of Week 7 October 18th, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) 'doing good' on 49ers bye October 12th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance sprained left knee in Week 5 October 11th, 2021