Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options"
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options this offseason," Ian Rapoport reports, but has not officially requested a trade.
Wilson made some rumblings last offseason about potentially requesting a trade as well, so it would appear the star quarterback at least has interest in a change of location. The Seahawks' organization appears to be at a decision point after missing the playoffs for just the second time in nearly ten years, and a big shakeup could be on the way this offseason.
Wilson's season was briefly derailed by a nasty finger injury (and perhaps by returning too soon from that injury), but the veteran quarterback still posted a solid 2021 season, with 25 touchdowns to 6 interceptions while averaging 7.4 yards per attempt and absorbing sacks on 7.6% of his dropbacks (his lowest mark in four years). It's unclear what the future holds for Wilson or the Seahawks, but it's certain that teams will be interested in what Wilson has to offer if he does become available via a trade.
- Terry McLaurin (contract) absent for Commander OTAs May 24th, 2022
- Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp May 24th, 2022
- Jaguars' Travis Etienne (foot) a "full-go" for offseason program May 23rd, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell viewed as 49ers' top back May 23rd, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Melvin Gordon re-signs with Broncos for a season April 27th, 2022
- Drew Lock dealt from Denver to Seahawks March 8th, 2022
- Seahawks acquire Noah Fant from Broncos in Russell Wilson blockbuster March 8th, 2022
- Seahawks trading Russell Wilson to Broncos for multiple firsts, Drew Lock March 8th, 2022