Condotta: 'The Seahawks remain unclear if or when' Chris Carson (neck) will return
According to Bob Condotta, the Seattle Seahawks "remain unclear if or when" running back Chris Carson (neck) can return.
Per head coach Peter Carroll, the Seahawks have not received any updates about Carson's return timeline.“It’s still gonna take some time still working through it," said Carroll. "He’s really working hard, I know that, and it’s really important to take it as far as you can. So we’ll just have to wait. Take some time to figure that out.”
Heading into next week's draft, expect Rashaad Penny to take over as Seattle's lead running back while Carson is sidelined. On 119 carries last season, Penny ranked 12th among his position with a 80.5 Pro Football Focus offensive rating.
- Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers July 6th, 2022
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Rashaad Penny "in the driver's seat" to lead Seahawks backfield June 21st, 2022
- Seahawks' Geno Smith 'still ahead' of Drew Lock for now June 10th, 2022
- D.K. Metcalf skipping Seahawks mandatory minicamp June 8th, 2022
- Carroll on Seahawks adding another quarterback: 'I don’t see us making a trade for anybody at all' May 5th, 2022
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (foot) running again May 2nd, 2022
- Seahawks draft running back Kenneth Walker at No. 41 April 29th, 2022